Monday, December 21, 2015

Danish tennis star beaten by teenager in Puerto Carmen

Tennis teenage sensation Claus Holmen went full-throttle to
take out the title at this year’s Lanzarote SlamBang Tennis Championship at Puerto Carmens TennisComplex. 
By Johny Weismüller
Holmen , 14, was overjoyed at winning his first title at SlamBangian level.
“On Saturday, during practice, I started off on the back-foot as I wasn’t feeling so good with my balls,” he said. “Today, I turned things around pretty wel...l. First set was really intense. It was really good. I took out the first set 6/0 in about 11 minutes.
“The second set was probably the best one. I was battling it out with Claus Holmen, 29, 44 or 58. It was good fun. I took the set 6/0 in about 9 minutes.
Claus was impressed with the tennis courts at Puerto Carmen. “The court was magnificent. It was nice and grippy and the weather wasn’t too bad,” he said.
“I also got a personal best – a 8 min 01.972sec – which I beat my original PB by about four or five minutes in the third set (6/0).”
“I’m really happy with my result. It’s a good way to finish the year,” Claus Holmen said

No comments: